Here’s a “Special Message” from Albert Brooks About Netflix Streaming His Movies
Albert Brooks’ 7 Films Where He Writes, Directs, and Stars In Will Stream on Netflix
(via USA Today)
As Albert Brooks himself tweeted on this news, “This is f*cking great”.
Starting this Friday, the seven films written and directed by and starring Albert Brooks will be available on the streaming service giant, Netflix.
Real Life (1979)
Modern Romance (1981)
Lost in America (1985)
Defending Your Life (1991)
The Muse (1999)
Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World (2005)
Whether you have seen these or not, you’ve definitely got your binge watching cut out for you this weekend.
FX Orders Animated Comedy Pilot from Louis C.K. and Albert Brooks
FX is making the most out of their overall deal with Louis C.K.
With another season of Louie at some point, Baskets set to premiere near the end of this month, Better Things with Pamela Adlon in production, and probably several other projects that haven’t been publicly announced, FX and Louis C.K. have made quite the business relationship with each other.
The overall development deal he has at the network produced yet another project as C.K. is now working on an animated pilot with the great Albert Brooks. The pair will voice the lead roles, write, EP for this project, which is largely being kept under wraps, plot/premise wise, for now.
At this rate, we wouldn’t be surprised if C.K. got head his own network/channel/streaming service/etc. spun off from FX.
Morning Debriefing 3/27/11
1) Comedy Legend Albert Brooks is on Twitter! (mostly to promote a new book, but still…) FOLLOW NOW @albertbrooks
2) I don’t know why this is even completely available to the public as its not even in “leak” form, but here’s the The Comedy Awards Winners:
COMEDY SERIES-Modern Family
COMEDY ACTOR TV-Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
COMEDY ACTRESS TV-Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live
COMEDY ACTOR FILM-Zach Galifianakis, Dinner for Schmucks
COMEDY ACTRESS FILM-Tina Fey, Date Night
LATE NIGHT COMEDY SERIES-The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
SKETCH COMEDY/ALTERNATIVE COMEDY SERIES-Childrens Hospital
STAND-UP SPECIAL-Louis C.K.: Hilarious
COMEDY FILM-The Other Guys
ANIMATED COMEDY FILM-Toy Story 3
ANIMATED COMEDY SERIES-South Park
COMEDY WRITING TV-30 Rock
COMEDY SCREENPLAY-Hot Tub Time Machine
COMEDY DIRECTING TV-Modern Family
COMEDY DIRECTOR FILM-Edgar Wright, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
JOHNNY CARSON AWARD-David Letterman
COMEDY ICON AWARD-Eddie Murphy
3) Again, if you want to know what happened in even more detail (i.e. Jon Stewart having his acceptance speech hijacked) Check Punchline Magazine’s Blog, HahaJK.com’s blog, and Comedy Central’s very own CCinsider or just watch it April 10th 9PM EST.
4) The Comedy Bureau “Tips Its Hat” this week to JERROD CARMICHAEL. Article/profile to follow later today.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
Skinny Sundays @ Bar Lubitsch 8PM FREE
Neil Hamburger @ The Satellite LA 8PM $8
Powerviolence @ The Complex 8:30PM FREE
TheLateNightFix.com Presents @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Top Story Weekly @ iO West 9PM $5
The Sunday Sunday Sunday Show @ The Improv Space 9:30PM FREE
Deskpiece Nation @ iO West 10PM $5
6) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed
7) Just another day at the Comedy Bureau: Drove to Hollywood to find open mic at laundry mic was cancelled (again), drove to downtown via sidestreets, walked around for three hours looking for a coffeeshop for wi-fi, cleared for radiation by a homeless person, wrote article and read 700 or tweets at Starbucks, walked to Downtown Independent Theater for the awesome Channel 101 screening (The Parent Project and Sex Teenagers were pretty damn funny), literally ran out to my car amidst rain while being cleared for more radiation by more homeless people, drove to UCB to watch/have my mind implode on itself from laughter at the Walsh Brothers Show that started at midnight, hit traffic at 2:30 in the morning, got home, checked twitter again, and eventually just had sleep deprivation knock me out. Yeah, it’s just another day at the Bureau.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau