Morning Debriefing 9/14/11
4) The ACME Comedy Theatre has announced that will have an open mic starting on Sept. 27th. More details to come.
6) Connected Comedy gathered late night debuts of stand-ups on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. We think you should take a minute or an hour and check it out.
7) Congratulations are also in order for the web series, Runyon: Just Above Sunset, starring Eddie Pepitone, directed by Troy Conrad, taking Best in Show at the Burbank Film Festival Shorts Contest.
8) Halle Kiefer and Adam Frucci discuss whether or not Whitney will survive its ad campaign on Splitsider. If NBC is going to pull shit like this (via @thatramosgirl), we think not.
10) ON THE HORIZON
Neighbors @ Warehouse Wed. Sept. 21st 8PM FREE
11) COMEDY CRAWL
Greg Proops: Smartest Man in the World LIVE @ Comedy Central Stages 8PM FREE
The Good Bits @ Witzend 8PM $5
Collective Showcase @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $14/2 item min.
Persona! @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
Meltdown @ Nerdist Theater 8:30PM $8
Tartar Control @ Doll Hut 9PM $5
Talk It Up @ Zephyr Theater 9PM $5
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Cafe & Bar 9:30PM FREE
The Anna Lee Lawson Comedy Hour @ Next Stage Theater 11PM $5
12) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/$3 cover/10 min. guarantee
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
13) Sorry to anyone who has to hear my rants on Tyler Perry in the next few days.