1) Zach Galifianakis’ plan all along for making it in comedy in America [via HuffPostComedy]
2) The New Faces of Comedy are unveiled at Just For Laughs Montreal. Congratulations to some our favorite comics to watch: Jerrod Carmichael, Barry Rothbart, Nick Rutherford, Nick Turner, Johnny Pemberton, Ron Funches, and Sean O’Connor. Please make an effort to catch them live because you will absolutely not regret it.
4) We have been wasting time on separate fantasy sports leagues. It’s time to unite everything according to Paul Scheer on the Daily Habit.
10) Wanna be part of a fake telethon at the Nerdist Theater? Of course you do.
13) LA Weekly has their say on the Top 10 Comedy Podcasts… Not a bad a list at all.
17) ON THE HORIZON
The End @ The Last Bookstore Wed. Aug 3rd 8PM FREE
18) COMEDY CRAWL
Come Out Laughing @ Long Beach Laugh Factory 8PM $12-$22/2 drink min.
Meltdown Movie Night @ Nerdist Theater 8:30PM FREE
The 5 Year Anniversary of the Ed Galvez Punk House 9PM $5
RTDOK and Jake’s Presents @ Jake’s 9PM FREE
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9PM $5 (stand by only)
Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Bar & Cafe 9:30PM FREE
The Ho Ho Show @ Hollywood Hotel 10PM FREE
Comedy Revolver @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
19) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/$3 cover/10 min. guarantee
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
20) If I run into traffic at 2AM here in LA, I apologize in advance to highway workers who I will uncontrollably abuse through vicious cursing and a stiff middle finger.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau