Morning Debriefing 6/22/11
1) Why has no one done this? Twitter Feed Theater by Paul Cibis. #BadStartToAEulogy
3) There’s already a @SaveSportsShow to get Norm’s Sports Show back on Comedy Central. I don’t know what getting Twitter followers will do as far as convincing a network to change their mind, but follow it for a good cause.
7) RPOKKW-Random Picture of Kyle Kinane Wednesday
11) ON THE HORIZON
Jimmy Pardo Hosting Auction @ Amoeba Records July 2nd 4PM
12) COMEDY CRAWL
Small and Tall Tales @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5
Hang with Funny or Die & Paul F. Tompkins @ Funny or Die (1710 N. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA) 8PM FREE
Generate Showcase @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $14/2 item min.
Meltdown @ Nerdist Theater 8:30PM $8
The Ed Galvez Punk House @ Westside Comedy Theater 9PM $8
Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Cafe & Bar 9:30PM FREE
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
The Improvised Stand-Up Show @ Second City Hollywood 10PM $5
13) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/$3 cover/10 min. guarantee
CAFE MUSE 6547 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 8PM
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/starts 11:15PM/no purchase necessary
14) Special Thanks to Asterios Kokkinos “If enjoying your website is wrong, I don’t want to be right.” Follow @asterios because it’s never wrong and really funny.
15) I did 30 min. drunk last night for 8 people and it went “not terrible” though apparently I’m a pretty loud drunk. Is there some type of comedy badge for this?
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau