TCB Debriefing 9/13/23: Comedy Gives Back Healthnet, Real Time with Bill Maher, Strike Force Three, Luenell, Meme Fighter Hiring
1. Comedy Gives Back, the 501 (c)3 non-profit dedicated to serving comedians and the comedy community, has just launched Comedy Gives Back Healthnet, a proposed low-cost alternative to healthcare (a thing that many comedians have to pay for out of pocket or, often times, just skip altogether). It’s not full on healthcare, but it’s $200 a year for:
-Smart Virtual Care ™, where you input your symptoms to receive advice from GigSafety.net’s network of healthcare professionals who check your symptoms and recommend a plan of action.
-One free telemed appointment annually (additional telemed appts vary depending on level of care needed, but start as low as $25)
-Access to low-cost and transparent pricing for prescriptions (existing and new)
-Access to low-cost and transparent pricing for Specialists, Hospital stays, X-rays, and more
-Access to virtual mental health therapy
-Access to a self-led recovery treatment program
-Access to risk-sharing health coverage (at an additional cost).
Get more details at comedygivesback.com/cgbhealthnet
2. Real Time with Bill Maher is set to return to air without its writers since they continue to be on strike. (Deadline). This means that late night will now consist of Bill Maher and Greg Gutfeld, which is almost as sad as how long the strike has gone.
3. The other hosts of late night are staying union strong for now and are opting to a live podcasting taping with the Jimmys (Kimmel and Fallon) and Colbert on Sept. 23rd in Vegas (Variety). Seth Meyers and John Oliver won’t be in attendance making it a “Strike Force Three” event though proceeds from the taping will go to the hosts’ respective staffs. If they really want to sell tickets they’ll have the majority of the conversation focused on Fallon and the past years at The Tonight Show.
4. Dave Chappelle’s name is actually not causing controversy today as his name is attached to a brand new Netflix special from the great Luenell, due out Sept 26th (Billboard). You’ve seen Luenell in countless TV shows and movies and you’ll now get to see her take center stage for her first Netflix special later this month.
5. Want to make memes as a job? Well, Meme Fighter is looking for you.
Meme Fighter is hiring for a part time MEME CONTENT CREATOR.
You read that right. We’re hiring someone to make memes for us.
Details, application instructions and more details here: https://t.co/KcKso0krSW
— Meme Fighter (@MemeFighterApp) September 13, 2023
6. We’ll leave you with this: comedy is richer when you have a life outside of it.