Morning Debriefing 6/13/11
1) A few months ago, Joe Wengert’s character Mr. Girardi went viral with his speech about the misuse of the bulletin board at his frozen yogurt shop. Thanks to the very talented and funny Brandon Vaughn, we now have a pretty clear picture, actually a pretty fantastic one if you ask us… (watch the clip then look at the pic)
2) One of our favorite web series finally has a new episode: Anne Frankly (w/Jamie Lee and Shawn Pearlman)
4) Curtiss Angel, Criss Angel’s cousin… Thanks to Andre Hyland and his constant hilarity.
5) Usually, I’m tough on topical videos, but Bill Maher and Jane Lynch dramatic reading transcripts of Anthony Weiner’s posts is definitely Bureau Approved.
7) Conan O’Brien Commencement Speech at Dartmouth (yeah you’ve probably seen it somewhere else, but what are we going to do? Not post it?)
8) It’s been stirring up a lot of good buzz and we’re only giving a friendly reminder: Watch Jon Benjamin Has A Van on Comedy Central this Wed. and Thurs. 10:30PM.
10) COMEDY CRAWL
What’s Up Tiger Lily @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill 8PM FREE
Tony Clifton: The Movie @ The Egyptian 8PM FREE (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for free passes)
An Evening with Jeff Garlin @ Nerdist Theater (back room of Meltdown Comics) 8PM $10
Brunch @ The Park Restaurant 9PM FREE
Keep It Clean @ 1739 Public House 10PM FREE
Stand Up Saloon @ Old Towne Pub 10:30PM FREE
Tulsa Skull Swingers @ Three Clubs (1123 Vine St., Hollywood, CA) 11PM
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
CLUB 705 705 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA/Starts 7PM-ish/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
RED ROCK 8782 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
12) There are so many comics in LA I’m beginning to think that we’re all “comic’s comics”.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau