1) LA Comedy Shorts Festival taking place mostly at the Downtown Independent Theater April 7th-11th. Details here.
2) Last night at the Tomorrow Show presents WEIRD, I got a chance to see Paul Rust, Harris Wittels, and Michael Cassady as newly formed band “Don’t Stop or We’ll Die”, as one hell of a comical musical ruckus. They’re playing at Meltdown Comics April 23rd 8PM $8. Do. Not. Miss. This.
3) Continuing in awesome comedy music acts that I saw last night at the Tomorrow Show, I had a chance to be berated for not being from Portland by MOP, which was not at all shocking and also, hilarious. Though this clip isn’t “music”, but since I don’t know where they’re playing next, it’ll have to do.
4) The Tip of the Hat this week (technically, last week) goes to none other than Paul F. Tompkins for making it to his 9th Anniversary Show. Article to follow today (Seriously, it will come out later today. I didn’t write/post it last night because I would have started punching walls if I stayed at the Bureau offices for another minute yesterday)
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL
Jeff Garlin’s Combo Platter @ UCB Theatre 6PM $2
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
Powerviolence @ The Complex 8:30PM FREE
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
We’ll All Be Dead Someday @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
Top Story Weekly! w/Sean Patton @ iO West 9PM $5
The Hilarium @ Hollywood Improv 9PM $14/2 drink min.
6) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 6PM/$5 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed
7) Comedians doing open mics today seem somewhat more dedicated than marathon runners because they could do open mics tomorrow and skip the rain.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau