1) Yet again, it’s the Montreal Just For Laughs Showcase CALLBACKS!!! More updates will come as I receive them.
3) Though it was a relatively small turn out, The Big Trouble in Little Tokyo Open Mic was still a WHOLE BUNCH of fun and most people who made the trek out seemed to have a good/productive night as well as catch Hasan Minhaj and Sean Conroy do what they do best, making people laugh (though Conroy is quite the free style rapper). I hope to see all of you, AND I MEAN ALL, next Tuesday with Ron Lynch and Heather Thomson.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-I’m not taking American Idol as an excuse.
“If This Doesn’t Work I’m Moving Home” A Variety Hour @ Harlem Place Cafe 8PM FREE
Jay Larson @ Jon Lovitz Comedy Club 8PM $10/2 drink min.
The Fix Up Show @ ACME Comedy Theatre 8PM $12
Meltdown @ Meltdown Comics 8:30PM $8
The Ed Galvez Punk House @ Westside Comedy Theatre 9PM $8
Beer in the Shower @ Whitehorse Cocktail Lounge Inn 9:30PM FREE
The Jesse Miller Talk Show @ Next Stage Theatre 11PM $5
6) OPEN MIC RUN 2/9/11
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM
CAFE MUSE 6547 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 8PM
LIBRARY A COFFEEHOUSE 3418 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
7) Recently: Russia might choose Santa Claus as their mascot for the Winter Olympics. I think they should in an attempt to better relations with the U.S. have their mascot be Johnny Pemberton as a Tea Bagger.
8) I witnessed comics voting UNANIMOUSLY to do less time at an open mic. I’m still trying to process this.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau