Pop Orders 3rd Season of “Schitt’s Creek” Before Season Two Premeire
The source material for Schitt’s Creek, The Kardashians, keep sticking around. Naturally, there’s more in the well to draw from.
Pop, the cable network that was revamped from the TV Guide Channel, is making their best bet by re-upping, for a 3rd season, the original comedy series that got Eugene Levy, Catherine O’Hara, and Chris Elliott on their programming line-up.
In case you’re not caught up, Schitt’s Creek which follows an formerly rich, obnoxious family having to live in a town they bought as a joke.
Season two is set to premiere later this month on Wed. Mar. 16th.
Eugene Levy Gathers Catherine O’Hara, Chris Elliott, and Daniel Levy for “Schitt’s Creek”
(via The Hollywood Reporter)
Eugene Levy has grown tired of the worldwide obsession with the Kardashians and has opted to make a film that delves into the possibility of what would happen if the Kardashians went broke.
Parodying the Kardashian family as the Rose family, Levy has gotten Catherine O’Hara, Chris Elliott, and his son Daniel Levy together for the upcoming Canadian film “Schitt’s Creek” where a once-reality-tv-famous family has to move back to a small town that they bought for the hell of it.
This very well could be along the lines of Burning Love or Hotwives of Orlando, so keep a close watch on Schitt’s Creek.
Chris Elliott Makes a Sad Stomach on Conan
Chris Elliott has been on a tear through late night as of late in promotion of Eagleheart and his appearance last night on Conan was no different as he made a sad stomach and we’re going to leave the description just at that to not ruin it for you.
Morning Debriefing 2/9/11
1) Yet again, it’s the Montreal Just For Laughs Showcase CALLBACKS!!! More updates will come as I receive them.
3) Though it was a relatively small turn out, The Big Trouble in Little Tokyo Open Mic was still a WHOLE BUNCH of fun and most people who made the trek out seemed to have a good/productive night as well as catch Hasan Minhaj and Sean Conroy do what they do best, making people laugh (though Conroy is quite the free style rapper). I hope to see all of you, AND I MEAN ALL, next Tuesday with Ron Lynch and Heather Thomson.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-I’m not taking American Idol as an excuse.
“If This Doesn’t Work I’m Moving Home” A Variety Hour @ Harlem Place Cafe 8PM FREE
Jay Larson @ Jon Lovitz Comedy Club 8PM $10/2 drink min.
The Fix Up Show @ ACME Comedy Theatre 8PM $12
Meltdown @ Meltdown Comics 8:30PM $8
The Ed Galvez Punk House @ Westside Comedy Theatre 9PM $8
Beer in the Shower @ Whitehorse Cocktail Lounge Inn 9:30PM FREE
The Jesse Miller Talk Show @ Next Stage Theatre 11PM $5
6) OPEN MIC RUN 2/9/11
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM
CAFE MUSE 6547 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 8PM
LIBRARY A COFFEEHOUSE 3418 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
7) Recently: Russia might choose Santa Claus as their mascot for the Winter Olympics. I think they should in an attempt to better relations with the U.S. have their mascot be Johnny Pemberton as a Tea Bagger.
8) I witnessed comics voting UNANIMOUSLY to do less time at an open mic. I’m still trying to process this.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau