Morning Debriefing 2/11/11
1) One-on-one single elimination stand up comedy is here: March Comedy Madness. Now taking submissions. Details here.
2) A few days ago, I posted that I was disappointed that the @RealGallagher Twitter account was fake as it included tweets that were horribly homophobic, racist, and reactionary. Yesterday, I read this article about a recent performance of Gallagher and, to my bittersweet delight, those tweets weren’t too far off.
4) Are you tired of hearing a comedian’s WHOLE set and just want to hear their brilliant closer? Of course you’re not, but “That’s the Light” is a showcase of many of LA’s best doing exactly that. Telling their best ending joke will be: Lizzy Cooperman, Matt Champagne, Sean Green, Raj Desai, Erica Doering, Robert Yasumura, Troy Conrad, Jan Davidson, and more! Also, they’re being judged by none other than Taylor Negron, Barry Sobel, and Larry Joe Campbell as this is part of a series with the Los Angeles Comedy Festival. 10:30PM $10 at the Asylum Theatre in Hollywood (6320 Santa Monica Blvd.) E-mail email@example.com for reservations. Don’t miss it.
6) In the same fervent spirit as myself, though much more far reaching, Kristy Mangel has her amazing, fantastic, in-depth, enlightening comedy magazine RE: COM available for digital download for $2. Marc Maron’s on the cover, so at least click on the link, will you?
7) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-OK, it’s just three shows, you can do this…
Harland Williams @ Irvine Improv 8PM/10PM $22/2 item min.
James Adomian @ Flappers Claremont 8PM/10PM $15/2 drink min.
Stood Up Friday Night @ Moving Arts Theatre 10PM $5
8) OPEN MIC RUN 2/11/11
iCANDY 1708 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/$3 min.
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Starts 8PM
10) Miley Cyrus is hosting SNL. Perhaps, I should just invent a time machine to go back to the seventies where I belong.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau