2) Patton Oswalt’s Finest Hour is upon us next week (as long as you get Showtime).
4) While a long running open mic in Long Beach closes, another one rises. Next week at Max Steiner’s (2500 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA) from 10PM to Midnight, Jerry Brandt and Chris Adams will do exactly that.
6) Though we’re sure you’ve probably seen this on much more high profile sites then ours, HDNet picked up Goodnight Burbank and David Cross will have an recurring role on Modern Family.
7) As the Joan Rivers episode of Louie expired on Hulu, I edited and expanded The Comedian’s Guide to Feeling Better About Making It In Comedy and posted it on Laughspin. Read both and you probably won’t care about one which one makes you feel better (even if you don’t do comedy).
8) ON THE HORIZON
Weird Al Yankovic @ City National Grove of Anaheim Fri. Nov. 11th 8PM $40/$65
Weird Al Yankovic @ Pantages Theatre Sat. Nov. 12th 8PM $50-$75
9) COMEDY CRAWL
The Meltdown Presents Comedy at the FYF Fest @ LA State Historic Park 12:15PM/2:40PM/4:25PM $40
Hannibal Buress @ Hollywood Improv 8PM/10PM $20/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
The Anytime Show w/Dominic Dierkes @ Underground Annex Theater 8PM $5
Two-Headed Beast: A Storytelling Show @ Stories, Books, & Cafe 8PM FREE
Battleship Pretension @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Long Way Down @ “The Scum Palace” (on the roof) 8PM FREE
Quick & Funny Musicals @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10
Magic Bag @ Underground Annex Theater 10PM $5
Hour of Power Presented by the Devastator @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
The Midnight Show w/Jerry O’Connell @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5 (stand by only)
The Tomorrow Show Presents 5 Minutes or Die @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $5
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
11) Watched 5 romantic comedies yesterday and while already noting that such fairy tale relationships like those never happen, the male leads also put up with an unrealistic amount of bullshit.