1) Jonah Ray’s Jonah’s Arcade was going to be a Comedy Central show, but sadly it’s not. Watch the pilot episode and maybe you’ll be inspired to start a letter writing campaign.
3) Hey Internet, Can’t You Take a Fucking Joke? A piece by us for Laughspin.
4) Tonight, Bill Burr will be on The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS 11:35PM), Louie will be back at it’s normal time, but will go an entire hour (FX 10:30PM), NTSF:SD:SUV will have a strip club fight (Adult Swim 12:15AM), and The Green Room with Paul Provenza airs its infamous Tony Clifton episode (Yes, the one with the clip above) (Showtime 11PM).
4) Grantland’s already sniffing out Razzie front runners. Oh, what the human race would do without bad movies…
5) LA Comedy abroad and abroad-ish
Jeff MacKinnon’s recap for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival on days 8 & 9 on Laughspin
Travels with Kyle Kinane, Dispatch #3 on Splitsider
6) Connected Comedy lists the 3 Things Comedians Are More Afraid of Than They Should Be. Yeah, tellin’ like it is.
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Gallows Humor @ Vlad’s the Retailer 7:30PM $5
The Imaginary Radio Program @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $8 online/$10 at door
1642 Comedy Social Club @ 1642 Beer & Wine 8:30PM FREE
6 Degrees @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5 w/online promo code: six
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
Hamclown @ Alexandria Hotel (in the Mezz) 9PM FREE
Adams/Claybrooks/Brandt/Reutter @ Art Theatre 9PM $8
Comedy Central on Campus @ USC Campus Center Grand Ballroom 9PM
The Comedy Palace @ The Palace Restaurant 9:30PM FREE
Small & Tall Tales @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
Sweet, Sweet Stand-up @ M Bar 10PM Pay What You Can
Rest in Peace @ Hollywood Hotel 10PM FREE
The Tulsa Skull Swingers @ The Echo MIDNIGHT $10
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/$4 minimum/first come, first served
COFEE BEAN 16101 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, Suite 180/Starts 7PM/mixed mic/no purchase necessary
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
10) Neighbors was the shit. That’s all I’ll say for now.