1) Marc Maron’s keynote address from the Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal is now online in its entirety. Listen here.
2) No one ruined the Open Meg[aphone] last night in Burbank, so it will be happening again on August 12th.
3) One of our absolute favorite shows in town, The Tomorrow Show with Ron Lynch, is celebrating their 6th Anniversary on August 6th and we were lucky (or cool) enough to get a leak of the amazing line-up they have in store, which is as follows:
Brett Loudermilk-sword swallower
Jack Dagger-knife thrower
Bryan Coffee-physical story teller
Unknown Hands Puppet Troupe
Admission is $15, BUT if you go to the Tomorrow Show tonight, you’ll only have to pay $5 for the astounding anniversary show.
4) If you go to Holy Fuck next Tuesday, this will be happening…
8) Of the recent Variety Top 10 Comics to Watch/JFL New Faces, a few of them got a Tip of the Hat of us before they hit the big time.
Jerrod Carmichael (Top 10 Comics to Watch/New Faces)
Pete Holmes (Top 10 Comics to Watch)
Lauri Roggenkamp (New Faces)
9) ON THE HORIZON
This is Not Happening @ Hollywood Improv Tues. Aug. 2nd $5/2 item min.
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Happiest Hour @ Flappers YooHoo Room 7:30PM $10/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
The Anytime Show w/Dominic Dierkes @ Underground Annex Theater 8PM $5
The Heart of Darkness @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Re-Animator: The Musical @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $30
Channel 101 Screening @ Downtown Independent Theater 8PM/10PM FREE
Magic Bag @ Underground Annex Theater 10PM $5
Seth & Ed’s Puppet Talk Show @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10 (stand by only)
The Tomorrow Show Presents Limbo @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
Lil’ Draper’s Date Nights @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
12) Hollywood Blvd. you really need to get your shit together… and we’re not just talking about the riot.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau