1) American: The Bill Hicks Story is out on DVD today here in the States!!!
2) You can win a copy of American if you submit your favorite Bill Hicks quote at the Sataristas FB event page here.
5) One of the funniest people we know here at the Comedy Bureau (an early recipient of the Tip of the Hat) Abbey Londer is actually using her Twitter account, so we highly suggest that you follow @abbeylonder so you can catch “Stop fucking smiling at me it’s just a latte you idiot. #firemealready”.
7) Theatre of Life w/Nick Rutherford and Beck Bennett. Essentially, it’s “extreme people watching”, well… as extreme as “people watching” can get.
8) Connected Comedy: What I’ve Learned in My First Three Months on Tumblr. Great Article AND we’re mentioned in it. Thanks Connected Comedy.
9) Bad Hostage Negotiator with Rob Corddry. Plenty of you have seen this, but, truly, we’d regret not posting here.
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Drinking Buddies Presents @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $14/2 item min.
Drunk On Stage: Pride Week! @ Akbar 8PM FREE
The LA Improv Comedy Fest: The Armando Show w/Drew Carey @ iO West 8:30PM $25
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
For a Few Geeks More @ Michael’s Bar & Grill 9PM FREE
Lower Crust Comedy @ Genghis Cohen 9PM $6
11) OPEN MIC RUN
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE TOKYO @ SEÑOR FISH 422 E. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/6 min./first come, first served/no purchase necessary
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTWOOD BREWCO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
12) A comedian asked me last night, “Is comedy even cool?” To that I say, “YES!!!” and suggest you watch this.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau