1) THIS IS THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT FOR BRIDGETOWN COMEDY FESTIVAL!!!! Details here.
2) Love’em or hate’em, the Oscars took place last night and several of us watched it, and plenty tweeted about it. Handpicked, hometown (LA/Hollywood) favorites were retweeted last night and are now featured here:
“@shanenickerson "Who are you wearing?” ‘Some guy named Ken I murdered.’-serial killer up for an Academy Award, being interviewed by Tim Gunn. #oscars"-Shane Nickerson
“@Puddinstrip I’ve seen Jake LaMotta do a better monologue. #oscars”-Puddin’ Comic Strip
“@kirkfox Strange. Not one nominee was wearing jc penny.”-Kirk Fox
“@NickYoussef "Anne Hathaway thinks Anne Hathaway is hilarious” – Anne Hathaway #Oscars"-Nick Youssef
“@FojasBradley Are the refs watching the #oscars? They don’t seem to be watching this game. #heatvsknicks”-Bradley Fojas
“@sbellelauren "hey everybody, go fuck yourselves” – james franco being interpreted to foreigners"-Lauren Ashley Bishop
“@thatRamosgirl Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi do NOT make me want to pledge money to this telethon. #Oscars”-Vanessa Ramos
“@FrankConniff Billy Crystal at the #Oscars got a standing ovation for everything except his work in movies.”-Frank Conniff
“@pattonoswalt Daniel Day Lewis has the depth of commitment to the craft of acting to die just to liven up next year’s death montage. #Oscars”-Patton Oswalt
“@MrsRupertPupkin I’ve already cried 3 times during the Oscars – Once because I’m out of wine and twice because I’m single. #Oscars”-Lauren Caltagirone
“@moshekasher Who is this jew? #OSCARS”-Moshe Kasher
“@normmacdonald you guys were the 83rd best hosts ever.”-Norm MacDonald
“@paulcibis If the hosts are operating at the level of a high school talent show, why not end with a grade school choir recital? #Oscars”
3) March 12th will probably be the first time in over a decade that I might actually watch SNL in a decade. Zach Galifianakis is hosting. How about that? Someone that has been paid to be funny on a consistent basis to host a program that’s supposed to be funny… what a novel concept… It just might work. Mar. 12th.
4) Recent Articles written by the Comedy Bureau: Tip of the Hat-Eddie Pepitone, Into the “Heart of Darkness” of an Old Fashioned Good Time.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL
What’s Up Tiger Lily? On The Pulse Showcase @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill 8PM FREE
Cartoon Dump @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $10
No Class Comedy @ Tommy’s Place on USC Campus 8:30PM FREE
Keep It Clean Comedy @ 1739 Public House 10PM FREE
6) OPEN MIC RUN
CLUB 705 705 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA/Starts 7PM-ish
JAKE’S 38 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7:30PM
HARLEM PLACE CAFE 124 W. 4th St. (in alley between Main and Spring St.)/Starts 8PM/e-mail email@example.com for spots
D’AMORE’S 8369 W. 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 8PM/Purchase required
GROUND ZERO CAFE 615 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA (USC on campus nestled in between dorms near intersection of Figueroa and Exposition)/USC student Sign-up 9PM/Non Student Sign-up 9:15PM/Starts 9:30PM
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 Cover/Free coffee & water.
7) Couldn’t have said it better myself: “@kylekinane The idea that art has to have a "best of” category destroys the whole concept.“-Kyle Kinane
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau