2) Yesterday, Colin Quinn had a meltdown on Twitter (@iamcolinquinn) calling foul over Will Ferrell winning the Mark Twain Prize for Humor. Unfortunate as it is, it’s the precarious temptation of the craft of comedy to delve into jealousy of where one person is versus another, especially if you’re that “one person”, but take Kyle Kinane’s word for it regarding doing comedy, “You just keep going and going because you’re sick about it.”
3) Thankfully, despite the inevitable wave of Kardashian apologists, Rob Delaney maintains his position of suing Kim Kardashian on MTV News.
4) Whether you were wondering or not, Funny or Die is making their version of a trivia show with Billy Eichner, which, as you might have guessed, talking to complete strangers on the streets of NYC and giving (or not giving) them cash.
5) In the world of political comedy: FoD adds another Michelle Bachmann sketch in their hilarious saga following the wacky congresswoman and deranged millionaire John Hodgman defends the 1% on the Daily Show.
6) Huge news in the world of hosting: Jimmy Kimmel will be the next in line for hosting the White House Correspondents’ Dinner and Jerry Seinfeld can find out ‘what the deal’ is with Kelly Ripa when he replaces Regis Philbin on Live with Regis & Kelly
9) COMEDY CRAWL
The End Show @ The Last Bookstore 8PM FREE
A Kiss From Daddy/The Birthday Boys @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5
Meltdown @ Nerdist Theater 8:30PM $8
Wed. Night Spotlight @ Dangerfield’s 2 9PM FREE
Frolic! @ Far Bar 9PM FREE
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Bar & Cafe 9:30PM FREE
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/first come, first served/5 min./one drink min.
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/$3 cover/10 min. guarantee
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
11) I don’t get what the big deal that perpetually being along is. Does anyone have an answer for that? Anyone? Please someone talk to me.