Morning Debriefing 2/4/11
1) If you’re reading the Comedy Bureau on a regular basis, odds are that you’ve probably watched the spotlight video of “Meltdown” on Last Call w/Caron Daly, but you should probably just watch it again because it’s important.
2) SET LIST-not yours and not really someone else’s either. In fact, it’s a whole stand up show of random topics listed for comedians to do “on the spot”. I’ve personally done one of these and it was a blast and now producer/host Troy Conrad is having a Comedy Central Pilot taping down at the Comedy Central Stages for free on Feb. 15th, which could be “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” for stand up comedy.
3) Open mics fall and rise and this Monday there will be a new one: JAKE’S, 38 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA. Feb. 21st. Sign-up 7:30PM. Thanks to Steve Hernandez for putting up another spot.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL–
Dead Authors @ UCB Theatre 6:30PM $5
Dan Cummins @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $18/2 item min.
Garfunkel & Oates Hour @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
Baron Vaughn @ Flappers-Claremont 8PM/10PM $15/2 item min.
Stood Up Friday Night: If I Ruled the World @ Moving Arts Theatre 10PM $5
Christina Pazitsky @ Flappers YooHoo Room 11PM $10/2 item min.
6) OPEN MIC RUN 2/4/11-
iCANDY 1708 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/$3 min. SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM
TRINITY CHURCH 1015 California Ave., Santa Monica, CA (in the basement), 8PM
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Starts 8PM
7) Recently: Kenneth Cole made quite the ripple on the Internet with an insensitive tweet promoting their clothes at the expense of cheapening the mass violence in Egypt. Maybe they watched Eddie Pepitone’s Commercial Auditions and didn’t take the joke quite the right way….
8) Following people on Twitter has become a stressful decision. I forgot, is the world over yet?
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau