Morning Debriefing 8/23/11
1) David Letterman responds to his recent death threats the only way he knows how… a Top 10 list (strangely, the Jew accusation is not brought up).
2) Wyatt Cenac is a Comedy Person with a comedy album out today. Decent people pick it up now.
2) Why Can’t We Just Be Funny?-our newest post at the Nerdist (cue instrumental to Why Can’t We Be Friends?)
4) Connected Comedy has a little something to say about “stage time” and what comedians should expect.
6) Jon Dore, the Sklar Brothers, Kaitlin Olson in a mask, Josh Haness, Tig Notaro, and more all make for a great pilot for Crackle’s Held Up.
From Crackle: Pilot
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Performance Anxiety @ The Pleasure Chest 8PM $7
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Hybrid @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
Holy Fuck @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
9) OPEN MIC RUN
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
10) “I know how to wrap them around a bat.”-Blaine Capatch in response to Marc Maron’s question of how he could do his act on the road several years ago.