Morning Debriefing 2/27/11
1) 10 Comedians You Need to See This Year [via Crave Online/Sax Carr]. Say what you want about who is and isn’t on this list, but enjoyed reading this versus Comedy Central’s Comics to Watch a few months ago.
2) New Open Mic Tomorrow: D’amore’s-Monday, February 28th. D’Amore’s Pizza. 8369 W. 3rd St. Between Sweetzer and Orlando. Sign-up is 8:00pm – 8:15pm, lottery shortly thereafter. Purchase required. They’re gonna do a special. 2 slices for $3 dollars! See you there! Hosted by Jason Helfgott.
3) The Big Trouble in Little Tokyo. Ro Delle Grazie. Heather Thomson. New Tequilas at the bar? You betcha (subject to change). Señor Fish, 422. E. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA. This Tues. Mar. 1st.
4) Apparently, there is a “comedy scene” of sorts in Claremont. Investigation by the Comedy Bureau to come soon.
5) #Oscars and probably #banksy on Twitter will be watched by the Comedy Bureau on Twitter tonight. Rest assured, you will be entertained.
6) ON THE HORIZON
What’s Up Tiger Lily? Presents ON THE PULSE Showcase @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill Mon. Feb. 28th 8PM FREE
Merrill Davis and Friends @ Hollywood Improv Lab Sat. Mar. 26th 10:30PM $5
Pizza Party @ Puka Bar Thurs. Mar. 31st 9PM FREE
7) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
Powerviolence @ The Complex 8:30PM FREE
Top Story Weekly! @ iO West 9PM $5
Smug Shift @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
Sunday Sunday Sunday-Oscars Schmoscars @ The Improv Space 9:30PM FREE
Deskpiece Nation @ iO West 10PM $5
8) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 6PM/one item min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau