Morning Debriefing 2/17/11
2) So… Eddie Pepitone is having an live action single panel comic strip updated DAILY Mon. through Fri. So… you should probably watch it.
4) The First Annual Comedy Awards have another category, Viral Video, that is up for a vote. You actually have a say in this, so maybe something that is deserving might win. That’s all up to you folks….
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-Damn straight…
Just for Laughs Showcase @ Comedy Store Belly Room 8433 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA 7:30PM
The Super Serious Show @ Smashbox Studios 8PM $15
Adam Carolla Show w/Dr. Drew & Jeff Ross @ Jon Lovitz Comedy Club 8PM $15/2 drink min.
Everybody’s Talkin’ @ Center for the Arts, Eagle Rock 8PM $5 suggested donation
Comedy Speakeasy @ TSR Lounge 8PM FREE
Comedy 90210 @ Roxbury Cafe 8PM $5
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
Mapping the Heavens @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Just for Laughs Showcase @ The Laugh Factory 8001 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA 10PM $20/$30 VIP/2 item min.
Live at Carnegie Hall* @ Hollywood Hotel 10PM FREE
6) OPEN MIC RUN
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 7PM
THE SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Starts 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/$3 cover/10 min. guaranteed
TKO SHOW @ 212 CAFE 212 Pier Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Starts 9PM
7) Recently: OK, so recently developed are the Jeopardy Playing Robot, which I’ve reasoned is a robot programmed just stupid enough to make a knowledge based competition fair, and an Anti-Laser. I feel that there is no need for a comedy clip to comment on how hilariously wasteful this is.
8) Every time a comic on stage says, “Fuck you, that’s funny,” when they’re getting laughs, doesn’t deserve any laughs. (Yes, this happens… a lot.)
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau