1) To all those pining for some decent stage time, the Sandwich Spot and TKO show open mics give you a nice run of trying out material/“build character”. Every Thursday, you can get two spots in one go. The Sandwich Spot @ 3101 Ocean Park, Santa Monica, CA, Sign up at 6:30PM, Starts at 7PM. TKO Show @ 212 Cafe, 212 Pier Ave., Venice, CA. Starts at 9PM and ends whenever no one else wants to go up because it’s a 24 hr cafe (Why LA hasn’t figured out to have more 24 hr venues?).
3) Amongst the ranks of LA’s funniest, Ron Babcock and Lizzy Cooperman star in the short film “A Stand Up Guy” directed by Sarah Rose Bergman and written by Sarah Rose Bergman & Sara Mattison. Part of the New Filmmakers LA Screenings @ Sunset Gower Studios. $5. 6:15PM. 1438 N. Gower St., Hollywood, CA. If Ron Babcock and Lizzy Cooperman have anything to do with it, you will laugh guaranteed, repeatedly, over and over and over.
4) Comedy Crawl for 10/29/10. Go to watch “A Stand Up Guy” like I told you above, then Eli Braden Live @ Genghis Cohen 8PM/w Hampton Yount, then Stood Up Friday Night @ Moving Arts Theatre 10PM, then ProShoFoSho @ Our Secret Comedy Den w/Amy Dresner & Rick Shapiro 11PM.
5) If you more of a taste for one of the longest running open mics in the LA area and a show, meaning (especially for you comics) go up, then see some free comedy all in one place, try going down to iCandy in Long Beach for the Kerry Arnold Stevens Comedy Etc. Show. Sign ups @ 6:30PM. Starts @ 7PM. Show from 8:35PM to 10:35PM w/ Mark Fernandez, Gina Rodgers, and music from Judson & Mary. 1708 E. Broadway Ave. Long Beach, CA.
6) Señor Fish. Nov. 9th. A big bad new open mic will be in town. More details to come soon.
7) Though several months ago, this moment in comedy history happened.
THE COMEDY BUREAU