2) It’s official, Funny or Die & Earwolf have joined forces today to bring comedy to the online masses on the video and audio fronts. There’s even a “How Podcasts are Made” FoD exclusive to commemorate the event. Unfortunately, according to sources, will not be going by Funny Ear and/or Die Wolf.
3) In case you haven’t noticed, we’ve done a little housekeeping in updating both our calendars at the top of our main page as well as our comedy venue calendar list. Now, you can have ready knowledge of what’s happening comedy wise throughout the current month in LA as well as ready links to the Comedy Sportz LA Theater, Dangerfield’s 2, and Good Time Comedy Club. Or you could just check the Morning Debriefing everyday… your choice?
6) In case you had a pool going, here’s the comedy winners at the Creative Arts Emmys.
7) Jena Friedman, who now writes for Letterman, posted a new episode of her hilarious series Ted & Gracie that everyone should watch.
9) ON THE HORIZON
Set List Returns to America @ Flappers Burbank Sun. Sept. 18th 9PM $12/2 item min.
10) COMEDY CRAWL
The Dork Forest Live w/Gould, Hardwick & Palascak @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
What’s Up Tiger Lily?-TJ Miller’s “The Extended E.P.” Album Release Party @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill 8PM FREE
The Mixer @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
The Benson Interruption w/Scheer, Morgan Muphy, Pete Holmes, and the Sklars @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 9PM $20
Keep It Clean @ 1739 Public House 10PM FREE
Stand-up Saloon @ Old Towne Pub 10:30PM FREE
Crash Test @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
CLUB 705 705 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA/Starts 7PM-ish/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
RED ROCK 8782 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
JAKE’S 38 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA/Starts 8PM/Sign-up is lottery/no purchase necessary
GROUND ZERO USC 615 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA (USC Campus)/nestled between three adjacent dorms approximately one block N. of Figueroa & Exposition/USC student sign-up 9PM/Non-USC student sign-up 9:15PM/first come, first served/7 min./no purchase necessary
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 9PM/Starts after booked portion around 9:45/5 min. spots/only 15 spots available/no purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
12) I’m not sure what it means that I saw more people tweet, update their facebook statuses, blog, etc. about the series finale of Entourage than 9/11.