1) Date Rape Audience Monologist’s (from DCM ASSSSCAT) identity is revealed. Also, he left Facebook like that’s going to do something.
4) Did you know Jim Jefferies & Eddie Ifft had a podcast? Now you do.
6) So the Internet convened yesterday and decided Joe Mande wrote the funniest thing (that just happened to be about Gilbert Arenas). We agree.
9) Mainstream comedy success? More like… I have no fucking idea what a large cross section of America wants in their comedy.
10) ON THE HORIZON
Zach, Doug, Jen, and Joe @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre Wed. 8/31 10PM $20 (sold out, tickets might be available at door)
Paul F. Tompkins 1-hr. Comedy Central Special @ Alex Theatre Fri. Oct. 7th FREE
11) COMEDY CRAWL
Kool Thing @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8PM $5
The Good Luck Show @ The Good Luck Bar 8PM FREE
Donkey Show @ Big Foot Lodge 8PM FREE
La Vida Joqua @ Mas Malo 8PM FREE
Blu-Ray Launch of the Big Lebowski @ Universal City Walk 8PM $28
Therapy! @ Blu Monkey Lounge 8PM FREE
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Holy Fuck @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
Nick Kroll & Friends @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 9PM $25
12) OPEN MIC RUN
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
BLU MONKEY LOUNGE 5521 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 11PM after booked show/1 drink min./first come, first served
13) Because I couldn’t get up at an open mic on a college campus, I felt like Banksy in Exit Through the Gift Shop when he regrets encouraging everyone to be an artist.