3) Humblebrag’s got their Power Rankings for August and we just have to say, “Really, Steve Nash? Really?”.
4) Scott Gairdner’s Clip Cup basically tells Tosh.0 to eat its heart out.
5) The national storytelling series, The Moth, just announced their fall themes for the upcoming months of their storyslams/storytelling open mics.
6) Marc Maron gets interviewed by Splitsider and has “This Has To Be Funny” reviewed by A.V. Club. In talking to him in passing last night, we reaffirm our answer, “Yes Marc, it definitely works as an album.”
8) “Jumping the Shark” = “Going Harold & Kumar”-This is probably our most incendiary post to date at the Nerdist, but what’s more amazing than the grab bag of vicious comments is the fact that people actually stuck around after the credits of Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay.
10) ON THE HORIZON
Heather Anne Campbell’s Miracle Violence @ UCB Theatre Wed. Aug. 24th 8PM $5
Gallows Humor @ Vlad the Retailer Thurs. Aug. 25th 7:30PM $5
Adams/Brandt/Reutter/Claybrooks Taping @ Art Theater Thurs. Aug. 25th 9PM $8
11) COMEDY CRAWL
Two Thumbs Way Down @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $8
The Good Luck Show @ Good Luck Bar 8PM FREE
Jackson Hole Project Laugh Lounge @ Red Rock Bar & Eatery 8PM FREE
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Holy Fuck! @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
Reggie Watts @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 9PM $20 (sold out, tickets may be available at door)
John Mulaney @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
12) OPEN MIC RUN
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/first come, first served.
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
13) Yet another day passes where I fail to see Attack the Block. Damn it.