1) Lopez Tonight will air it’s last episode on Thursday, which is incredibly unfortunate considering comedians like James Adomian and Brent Weinbach their late night TV debuts. Don’t miss an appearance tonight with David Koechner and tomorrow night in the final episode as Auggie Smith is scheduled to do a stand-up set (TBS 12AM).
2) Brody Stevens/@allthingsbrody was REALLY arrested outside of a Starbucks, but is now released. Whatever your opinion of Brody is, reading his Twitter feed is a must.
3) Hampton Yount is absolutely hilarious. No set up required here, just watch.
5) Reportedly, Bill Burr dropped in at Big Fish last night, a room known for people heckling you because he’s working on a set. If you’re a comedian in LA (or NY), think about that the next time you question why you’re wasting hours of your time waiting to go up at a room that you’re not a big fan of.
7) Doug Stanhope’s episode of Louie will air tomorrow, which will be interesting considering Stanhope has said that Louis C.K. cast him in a role where Stanhope can just be himself (FX 10:30PM).
8) ON THE HORIZON
Bil Dwyer @ Comedy Central Stages Mon. Aug. 17th & Wed. Aug. 19th 8PM FREE RSVP at (323) 960-5519.
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Glitter Garbage w/Drew Droege @ Comedy Central Stages 8PM FREE RSVP at (323) 960-5519
Meltdown @ Nerdist Theater 8:30PM $8
Birthday Roast of Rell Battle @ Red Rock Bar & Eatery 8:30PM FREE
Punk House @ Westside Comedy Theater 9PM $8
Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Cafe & Bar 9:30PM FREE
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Comedy Revolver @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/$3 cover/10 min. guarantee
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
11) Check another tally mark for getting a hug after a set because apparently I needed one. I must be doing this all wrong. Fuck.