1) Patton Oswalt’s Finest Hour is upon us… (specifically Sept. 20th). We heard him getting ready for it a few months ago and it’s a pretty apt title.
3) OH, so THERE IS an app for that? Futurama comes out with a “Head-in-a-Jar Creator”.
4) If you haven’t checked out the Opinion section of Laughspin.com, please do because we wrote a lot of it.
5) Don Rickles makes another appearance on TV tomorrow on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:35AM CBS). The idea of Rickles trying to play the mouth organ should be more than enough to make you set your DVRs.
6) Oh yeah, the 1st episode of the 2nd Season of Louie is on Hulu. We’re sure plenty of you watched it, but some
people businesses can’t afford basic cable in their home office.
7) ON THE HORIZON
4 Year Anniversary of Cartoon Dump @ Steve Allen Theater Mon. July 25th (that’s tomorrow) 8PM $10
Patton Oswalt’s Finest Hour on Showtime Mon. Sept. 5th 10PM
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Bill Burr @ Irvine Improv 7:30PM $25/2 drink min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
Re-Animator the Musical @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $30
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Neil Hamburger with Special Guests @ Satellite LA 8:30PM $8
Greg Proops @ Flappers Burbank 9PM $20/2 item min.
Top Story Weekly w/Robert Buscemi @ iO West 9PM $5
Powerviolence @ The Complex 9PM FREE
Respect the Danger of Knives Presents @ Chatterbox 9PM FREE
The Writers’ Room w/Jimmy Pardo @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
Shitty Jobs @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5 (stand by only)
9) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/lottery
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
NERDIST THEATRE 7522 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (back room of Meltdown Comics)/Sign-up 7:15PM/Starts 7:30PM/lottery/30 spots available/no purchase necessary
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/mixed mic
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee available
10) Never apologize for your comedic opinion. Never.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau