1) American: The Bill Hicks Story will be out on DVD in the U.S. June 7th w/5 hours of extras! Interviews, never before seen performances, and more!
2) Yesterday, I found [via A.V. Club] the perfect response to Patton Oswalt’s bit about stopping the Star Wars prequels. Thanks to Slick Gigolo, George Lucas can finally “Strike Back”.
3) Andres Du Bouchet is doing his CD taping next week at Bar Lubitsch on Wednesday and Thursday next week. He’s a writer on Conan, but more importantly he got “boner” trending on Twitter. Do not miss this.
4) Not quite sure what to make of this just yet, but MTV’s on Tumblr.
8) Paul Scheer’s How Did This Get Made? now has T-Shirts!!!
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Dead Authors @ UCB Theatre 6:30PM $5
First Fridays Comedy Variety Talk Show @ Theatre Asylum 9PM $5
The Garfunkel & Oates Hour @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10
Re-Animator the Musical @ The Steve Allen Theater 8PM $30
12 Shiny Nickels @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
Stood Up Friday Night: Animals & Mythological Creatures @ Moving Arts Theatre 10PM $5
The Roast of TJ Miller @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5 (stand by only)
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
iCANDY 1708 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/$3 min./mixed mic/booked show in middle around 8PM
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
TRINITY CHURCH 1015 California Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Starts 8PM/must work clean/no purchase necessary/mixed mic
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served
11) Jack Kervorkian jokes here we go (cue sound of sad party favor)…
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau