1) In Portland, OR now for a week, technically on vacation. Just hope you all appreciate that we still haven’t missed a single day of posting since we started.
3) You can still submit something to RE:COM for a few more days. Get in by June 30th. Don’t miss an opportunity to 1) to be a force/voice for comedy 2) see your name in print (that’s right it’s a print magazine).
4) Congratulations to Barbara Gray and her fantastic show One Two Punch getting written up in the LA Times. Follow @BabsGray on Twitter to keep up to date when the next One Two Punch is as well as damn hilarious tweets.
5) Comedy Bang Bang has a blog about their podcast?!? Alternative comedy gone ever more self-reflexive…
6) Speaking of self-reflexive, this video by “comedy artist” by Charlotte Young was posted by the Daily What several days ago, but who hasn’t thought they were bullshitting whatever they were saying at least once while on stage? Only the other week, I could have swore that I said on stage, “I have material that works, I swear."
7) This isn’t LA comedy exactly, but it’s pretty fuckin’ hilarious: Kurt Braunohler and the World Wild of Animals.
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Enter the Hot Chicks Room w/Matt Besser @ UCB Theatre 6PM FREE
Comedy Without A Cause @ Boardner’s 6:30PM FREE
Tim Lee @ Brea Improv 7PM $ /2 item min.
The Family House with Auntie Sara @ Hollywood Improv Lab 7PM $5
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
Re-Animator the Musical @ The Steve Allen Theater 8PM $30
Comedy Off The Record @ The Basement Lounge 8PM $5
Warm n’ Fuzzy @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
Indiglo @ M Bar 8:30PM FREE/$10 min.
French Toast 1 Year Anniversary @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Powerviolence @ The Complex 8:30PM FREE
Neil Hamburger with Special Guests @ The Satellite LA 8:30PM $8
Top Story Weekly with Frank Conniff & Emo Phillips @ iO West 9PM $5
Running Your Trap w/Jimmy Pardo @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
Shitty Jobs @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5
9) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/lottery
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
NERDIST THEATRE 7522 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (back room of Meltdown Comics)/Sign-up 7:15PM/Starts 7:30PM/lottery/30 spots available/no purchase necessary
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/mixed mic
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee available
10) Got a brand new off-brand moleskine notebook yesterday. Let’s hope there are less pages of scribbling "Fuck” over whatever was already written this time around.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau