1) If you missed Paul Mooney’s latest Showtime special, “The Godfather of Comedy”, it’s playing throughout this month, that is, if you have Showtime or Showtime 2…
3) The Burbank International Film Festival, which has a couple of comedy categories, is taking submissions.
4) Hey, look who’s playing at the Sasquatch Music Festival that isn’t one of the lauded music acts: Pete Holmes, Todd Barry, Rob Delaney, Nick Kroll, John Mulaney, Howard Kremer, and more. This comedy thing seems to be catching on.
5) Splitsider rounded up the Ten Most-Hated Comedies Rated 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, which, not surprisingly, doesn’t feature anything that’s objectively terrible like Manos: the Hands of Fate.
6) Forgot what the word diction meant? Here’s 5 comedians who aren’t George Carlin (because you could argue that he had the best diction) that can help you regain that knowledge from HS English.
7) Everyone should be talking about Christopher Plummer in Beginners and how he’s silently cleaning up in the Best Supporting Actor award everywhere. Here’s why.
8) If only more football fans were like Jake Weisman as shown by this piece about the NY Giants, the world would be, well, like… it would be at the least, a much funnier place.
9) If there’s an official profile of the job of comedian in a list of careers somewhere, under occupational hazards should be listed “must be told to be happy.”