1) Louis CK just announced that Season 3 of Louie is underway and he apparently fired himself as an editor.
2) Paul F. Tompkins showed that he was a big fan of that Kraft Mac & Cheese commercial while simultaneously announcing the date of his 1-hr Comedy Central Special, Laboring Under Delusions, which is Sat. April 21st like Tompkins only can.
3) Here’s are quick comedy-related Oscars round-up:
Woody Allen (Best Original Screenplay, Midnight in Paris)
Christopher Plummer (Best Supporting Actor, Beginners)
Bret McKenzie (Best Original Song, “Man or Muppet”, Muppets)
Meryl Streep saying “but whatever” in her acceptance speech
The Christopher Guest sketch of test screening
Sacha Baron Cohen dumping Kim Jong-Il’s ashes on Ryan Seacrest
Jonah Hill telling Emma Stone to cut off her presenter bit
Chris Rock bashing how easy doing voice work on animation films is
(And the moment you’ve all been waiting for…) BEST TWEETS:
Andy Haynes “@ImAndyHaynes This is like that time I went hiking and I found two fossils."
Shelby Fero ”@cracked I’m watching an episode of Twin Peaks. Did it win any Oscars? What exactly are the Oscars?“
Kumail Nanjiani ”@kumailn I wanna go to the factory that Clooney’s girlfriend was made in.“
Norm MacDonald ”@NormMacDonald barf"
Katie Crown “@Katie_Crown My name is Reddkar Peht. Why are people saying they’re walking all over me and I don’t even know them or where they are?”
DC Pierson “@DCPierson THE ARTIST is like CRASH: in a year, no one will remember it, and it’s all about black and white.”
4) Tonight on late night, Ed Helms will be on The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS 11:35PM)
5) Jimmy Kimmel’s Movie: The Movie should host the Oscars at some point.
6) We can only imagine what the hell the Eric Andre Show is up to
9) We can only hope, as comedians, to be as hated as Billy Crystal by a bunch of punk kids on Twitter someday. Also, the Drive has less dialogue than the Artist joke is officially dead. Stop it.