1) @RealGallagher is fake. And shut down. After walking out on Marc Maron during an interview on the Maron’s WTF Podcast, for a few hours, many people on Twitter in LA and around the country were fooled into thinking that an angered Gallagher traded smashing watermelons for espousing an extremely conservative point of view and extremely bigoted jokes. Via Punchline Magazine several hours later, it was revealed that Gallagher indeed did not start a Twitter account and had nothing to do with those tweets. Though there are various takes on the events that took place, I think it’s speak volumes about how Gallagher is perceived by how disappointed (the announcement that it was fake had to be retweeted over 100 times) everyone was when they found out it really wasn’t his Twitter.
2) Garfunkel and Oates “All Over Your Face” is out today on cdbaby and iTunes. I’ll say it again: Garfunkel and Oates “All Over Your Face” is out today on cdbaby and iTunes. and again: Garfunkel and Oates “All Over Your Face” is out today on cdbaby and iTunes. That’s 3 times, so maybe, just maybe you should go to cdbaby or iTunes and just go buy “All Over Your Face” by Garfunkel and Oates (was the 4th time overkill?)
3) Going into its 4th month, The Big Trouble in Little Tokyo Open Mic is almost 1/3 of a year old, which is good enough celebration for me, not to mention Matt Champagne, Jan Davidson, and cheap, great Mexican seafood. Come on down to Señor Fish, 422 E. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA. Sign-up 6:30PM. Starts 7PM.
4) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL–
¡Satiristas LIVE! @ Actors’ Gang 7PM PAY WHAT YOU CAN
Just for Laughs Showcase @ The Comedy Store Belly Room (8433 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA) 7:30PM
Ballgame’s Laugh Lounge @ Red Rock 8PM FREE
Comedy Death Ray @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Holy Fuck @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
Lower Crust Comedy Presents: Just for Laughs Showcase @ Genghis Cohen 9:30PM $6
6) Recently: Just in case you forgot and needed a reason to smile.
7) Day 4 of not going up somewhere performing: I don’t know how I’m not yelling obscenities at strangers right now.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau