1) “If I had superpowers, the only word in comedy clubs [to describe comedians] would be funny.” –Rick Shapiro
2) Bob’s Burgers. 8:30PM. Fox. Watch it (especially as you’ll probably won’t leave your couch after 7+ hours of football)
3) OK, OK, OK… the blur of showcases for Montreal Just For Laughs Comedy Festival are all coming up this week and later today the Comedy Bureau will post a nice neat schedule for all of you to seem where and when LA’s best will put up their best in order to go to Canada in order to come back here, but bigger and famous.
4) Matt Claybrooks. Lauren Ashley Bishop. $2 Fish Tacos. “It’s all in the reflexes.” Big Trouble in Little Tokyo Open Mic @ Señor Fish. Jan. 25th. It’s your choice…. it’s also your destiny. 6:30PM Sign-up/7PM Start/422 E. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-even if you are a shut-in, you’ll feel bad for not going.
Jeff Garlin’s Combo Platter @ UCB Theatre 6PM (stand by only) $2
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
Trick @ Bordello Bar 8PM FREE
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Top Story Weekly w/Shawn Pearlman @ iO West 9PM $5
Sunday Sunday Sunday: Coast 2 Coast Edition @ Improv Space (Westwood) 9:30PM FREE
Witstream Live @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
8) If you ever hear of Eddie Pepitone going to perform as Sven the Swedish Clown, drop whatever you doing and go and watch because it won’t be as funny as whatever you were thinking was funny that day.
THE COMEDY BUREAU