1) The fact that the Golden Globes lumps Comedy with Musicals in their consideration for awards is just another reason why people shouldn’t care about the Golden Globes.
3) Have the Walsh Brothers STOP and Greg Barris STOP $2 fish tacos STOP $3-$4 beers until 9PM STOP and nothing, hopefully about the Golden Globes though that’s out of my control really STOP Go to Big Trouble in Little Tokyo @ Señor Fish (422 E. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA) STOP 6:30PM STOP or you’ll never STOP hitting yourself.
4) OK, Golden Globes are OVER now folks-time for a COMEDY CRAWL
What’s Up Tiger Lily? @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill 8PM FREE
Melgard Mondays @ Melgard Public House 9PM FREE
Comedy Night @ Cherry Pit 9PM FREE
Keep It Clean Comedy @ 1739 Public House 10PM FREE
Crash Test @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5 (stand-by only)
5) OPEN MIC RUN:
CLUB 705 705 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA/Starts 7PMish
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Starts 8:15PM
PUKA BAR 710 W. Willow St., Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM
GROUND ZERO USC 615 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA (on campus, nestled in between three dormitories near intersection of Figueroa and Exposition)/USC student sign-up 9PM/non-USC student sign-up 9:15PM/Starts 9:30PM
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed
6) The Comedy Bureau “Tips Its Hat” today to LIZZ WINSTEAD-“@lizzwinstead Megan Fox is so brilliant she only feels safe letting very few people know about it. #GoldenGlobes” Lizz Winstead is one of the co-creators of the Daily Show. I don’t think I really need to say more than that. Check back at the Comedy Bureau for upcoming dates. Twitter. Website.
7) From the “You Should Have Been There” Lagoon: Chris Rock-Martin Luther King Boulevard
8) As I was not invited to the Golden Globes, I personally didn’t watch the Golden Globes as it’s the entertainment industry putting on a show for themselves and then making all of the world watch it, just like nearly any other awards ceremony. It has nothing to do with me, really, and I’d rather do an open mic.
THE COMEDY BUREAU