1) Even the Hollywood Reporter can’t deny the rise of comedy podcasts (w/Carolla, Maron, and Proops weighing in).
2) Nick Offerman almost sells David Letterman a handmade canoe.
3) America Moves Up in Rankings of Most Sensitive Country By Whining About the Onion Again.
4) The Coat Club Open Mic @ The Palace Restaurant opens up on Monday at 7PM providing less excuse for comics not being able to get up.
5) We didn’t plan this ahead of time, but it’s Day 2 of LA Comedians talking about food with Ron Babcock and his love of tacos.
6) You might have heard that National Lampoon is holding a live ceremony for their Twitter Awards next Tuesday at the Hollywood Improv. We will be covering it for Laughspin, but the real reason you should come is that Twitter master, Eddie Pepitone will be hosting.
7) ON THE HORIZON
The Comedy Garage Pilot Taping @ 3411 E. 15th St., Los Angeles, CA Sat. Oct. 1st 9PM FREE
The Jesse Miller Talk Show @ Comedy Central Stages Tues. Oct. 4th 8PM FREE
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Infinite Jest @ Villany Prdt 8PM FREE
Gallows Humor @ Vlad’s the Retailer 8PM $5
Cancer Can Blow Me @ UCB Theatre 8PM/9:30PM $20 (stand by only)
Harland Williams @ Brea Improv 8PM $20/2 drink min.
Carnyville w/Dana Gould & David Koechner @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
1642 Comedy Social Club @ 1642 Beer & Wine 8:30PM FREE
The Josh & Josh Show-Writers of Conan Edition @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
Odd Thursdays @ The Palace Restaurant 9PM FREE
Hamclown @ The Mezz Bar at the Alexandria Hotel 9PM FREE
RedVelvetComedy.com Launch @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10PM $5
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/$4 minimum/first come, first served
5 FINGER PUNCHLINE @ THE COMIC BUG 1807 Manhattan Beach Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/3 min.
COFEE BEAN 16101 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, Suite 180/Starts 7PM/mixed mic/no purchase necessary
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 9PM/starts after booked show/5 min./first come, first served/15 spots only/no purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
10) Apparently, today is National Coffee Day, though I don’t know if it’s a celebration of coffee or a sad observance of how physically dependent I am on a single substance.