2) Turns out all that behind the scenes South Park recently was leading to a documentary.
4) Though she only talks to Marc Maron and nobody else at the comedy tent at FYF a few weeks ago, Jennie P talking to indie bands is pretty great.
5) Blip.TV, “the best place to discover the best in original web series”, is having “office hours” today (1-3PM).
6) Puddin’-“Glory Hole” (yeah, it’s pretty NSFW)
7) ON THE HORIZON
The Voice of Something Screening w/Marc Maron @ UCB Theatre Tues. Oct. 4th 7PM
What’s Up Tiger Lily 5 Year Anniversary @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill Mon. Oct. 10th 8PM FREE
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Smartest Man in the World LIVE @ Bar Lubitsch 7PM FREE
Comedy Central Showcase @ Comedy Store Belly Room 7:30PM No cover/2 drink min.
Entertainment Hollywood Live! @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5
The Good Bits @ Witzend 8PM $5
Kool Thing @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
Meltdown @ Meltdown Comics 8:30PM $8
RTDOK Presents @ Dangerfields 2 9PM FREE
The Ed Galvez Punk House @ Westside Comedy Theater 9PM $8
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
1 Year Anniversary of Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Cafe & Bar 9:30PM FREE
Clownvis Presley @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
PANGEA OPEN MIC @ KYOTO GRAND HOTEL (rooftop) 120 S. Los Angeles St., Los Angeles, CA (Little Tokyo)/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/$3 cover/10 min. guarantee
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 9PM/starts after booked show/5 min./first come, first served/15 spots only/no purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
10) Anyone feel like the movie Drive has divided LA into North and South based on whether you loved or hated it?