2) We could have bet on our favorites to make the Top 5 (meaning they won’t get cancelled) for Channel 101 this weekend as voters chose: 1) Intimate Indiscretions 2) Parent Project 3) Strange Cases 4) Honkers 5) Sex Teenagers. Nicely done all around.
3) The last reality TV competition you ever need to watch… THE VOTE OFF.
4) Neal Brennan is on Conan tonight along with Kevin Hart. Possible precursor to another episode of the Champs (Brennan, Moshe Kasher, and DJ Douggpound interview a different black person)?
5) Of course you were out and missed 60 Minutes last night because most of you are young and somewhat outgoing, so here’s the South Park segment.
6) If the internet had a water cooler, the Oral History of the UCB in NY Magazine is what everyone would be talking about today.
7) ON THE HORIZON
Comedy Central Showcases @ The Comedy Store Belly Room Sept. 27th-28th 7:30PM No cover/2 drink min.
Midnight Show with Brendon Small @ UCB Theatre Sat. Oct 1st MIDNIGHT $5
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Cartoon Dump Stand-up Spectacular @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $10
Harmontown @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
What’s Up Tiger Lily? @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill 8PM FREE
Starfish Circus 2 @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 9PM $20
Keep It Clean Comedy @ 1739 Public House 10PM FREE
Crash Test @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
CLUB 705 705 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA/Starts 7PM-ish/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
RED ROCK 8782 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
JAKE’S 38 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA/Starts 8PM/Sign-up is lottery/no purchase necessary
RAINBOW BAR & GRILL 9015 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up before 8PM/Starts 8:30PM/mixed mic/$2 cover
GROUND ZERO USC 615 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA (USC Campus)/nestled between three adjacent dorms approximately one block N. of Figueroa & Exposition/USC student sign-up 9PM/Non-USC student sign-up 9:15PM/first come, first served/7 min./no purchase necessary
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 9PM/Starts after booked show/5 min./15 slots available
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
10) I’m really surprised that no one has just gone and called their comedy show “As Seen On TV”. Please tell me that’s happened and I just didn’t know about it.