1) Showtime has a new comedy, House of Lies, coming next year with Don Cheadle, Kristen Bell, Ben Schwartz, and more. What’s it about? There’s skewering of corporate America and then, apparently, they have big balls….
2) Whether you normally watch 60 Minutes or not, tonight wouldn’t be one to miss as South Park’s Trey Parker and Matt Stone are being profiled. (CBS 7PM)
4) Here’s the official details for the ACME Comedy Theatre OPEN MIC.
6) Speaking of the Nerdist, if you missed their TV debut or a chance to DVR it, you can now download it.
7) ON THE HORIZON
Beer in the Shower 1 Year Anniversary @ Dreams Cafe & Bar Wed. Sept. 28th 9:30PM FREE
Carnyville w/Dana Gould & David Koechner @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Smoke. Worry. Fuck. @ UCB Theatre Wed. Oct. 5th 6PM $5
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Jeff Garlin’s Combo Platter @ UCB Theatre 6PM $2 (stand by only)
The New Black @ Neon Venus Theater 7PM $10
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
“I’m Going Somewhere With This…” Storytelling Show @ The Mint 8PM $10
Neil Hamburger & Special Guests @ The Satellite LA 8:30PM $8
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Top Story Weekly w/Eric Charles Nielsen @ iO West 9PM $5
Neal Brennan & Friends @ Westside Comedy Theater 9PM $5
Powerviolence @ The Complex 9PM FREE
Set List @ Flappers Burbank 9PM $12/2 item min.
Small & Tall Tales @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
Deskpiece Nation @ iO West 10PM $5
Shitty Jobs @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5 (stand by only)
9) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/lottery
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
NERDIST THEATRE 7522 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (back room of Meltdown Comics)/Sign-up 7:15PM/Starts 7:30PM/lottery/30 spots available/no purchase necessary
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/mixed mic
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee available
10) Damn you Ryan Gosling… just when Michael Cera was going to make it acceptable to be not all that manly, you have to go and fuck it all up.