1) WATCH The Nerdist makes its TV debut on BBCA’s Ministry of Laughs tonight at 10PM.
2) Have you been noticing that CNN is attempting to cover comedy? Not too shabby either considering they just featured Kurt Braunohler.
3) Comedian Interview Round-Up: Megan Amram on Splitsider, Jon Stewart on Rolling Stone, Robert Buscemi on Gapers Block, Jackie Kashian in the WICF blog interviewed by Barbara Holm.
4) The Daily Habit’s Jordan Morris really knows the target demographic of video game delivery companies.
5) Glad to hear that the Marc Maron’s Comedy Pilot was well received…
6) Here’s an interesting LA Weekly piece listing the 8 reasons behind the way LA art is the way it is. Though, when it comes to comedy, the Watts Towers and surfing have hardly anything to do with the LA Comedy Scene.
8) COMEDY CRAWL
North Star Comedy Hour & Meat Raffle @ Flappers YooHoo Room 7:30PM $5/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
One-Two Punch @ Benton Manor 8PM $3
Matt Braunger @ Hollywood Improv 8PM/10PM $20/2 item min.
Channel 101 Screening @ Downtown Independent Theater 8PM/10PM FREE
Handshucked @ Moving Arts Theater 8PM $5
Good Evening America: The Art of Playing Chloe Sevigny @ Cavern Club Theatre (in Casita del Campo) 9PM $15
Comedians Off the Leash @ Fake Gallery 9PM $5
Lebowskifest Bowling Party @ Cal Bowl 9PM $30
Seth & Ed’s Puppet Talking Show @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10 (stand by only)
Tournament of Nerds @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5 (stand by only)
The Tomorrow Show Presents: CRAPSHOOT! @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
10) I’m always against comedians going over their time, but if you are not going to get off stage, please don’t keep singing “a nigga’s gotta do what a nigga’s gotta do” while no one’s laughing.