3) The Midnight Show’s Dyslexia News is one of those instances that proves laughter beyond a shadow of a doubt is involuntary.
4) This must mean Rory Scovel’s album is coming out soon.
5) Dan Harmon gives us more insight into the inner workings of his brain and how it’s OK to be a little “on-the-edge” when you’re a creative. (Yeah, I know you probably already read it. READ IT AGAIN!)
6) Really, America? It might sound selfish, but perhaps if the education system functioned better, Parks and Recreation might get higher ratings.
7) If you’re looking to be benevolent and altruistic today, might I suggest supporting independent comedy…
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Pizza Day 2: The Return @ Lamppost Pizza 7PM FREE
Left, Right, and Ridiculous @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Lebowskifest Movie Party @ The Wiltern 8PM $25.50
Funny or Die Live @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10
The 12 Shiny Nickels Show @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Good Evening America: The Art of Playing Chloe Sevigny @ Cavern Club Theatre (in Casita Del Campo) 9PM $15
Comedy Car Hole @ The Comedy Car Hole 9PM FREE
Adult Contemporary Comedy @ Fake Gallery 9PM FREE
Sorry Dad Presents: And Friends @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts MIDNIGHT
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
11) Yeah, I don’t recap TV shows here because you could just go and WATCH THEM and have an opinion of your own. Also, I don’t have a life as it is, so just give me a break.