1) The Nerdist offers up a sneak peek of their upcoming show on BBCA’s Ministry of Laughs…
2) Kobe and Lebron ain’t got nothin on Blake Griffin’s puppet.
3) Tonight, NBC’s comedies return (Parks & Rec, Community, and the Office) as well as Wyatt Cenac appearing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (NBC 12:35AM) and Chris Hardwick stopping by the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (CBS 12:35AM)
4) Taking the reality competition TV series recapping torch from Paul F. Tompkins, Dave Holmes recaps “The X-Factor”.
7) ON THE HORIZON
Comedians Off of the Leash @ Fake Gallery Sat. Sept. 24th 9PM $5
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Infinite Jest @ Villany Prdt 8PM FREE
With Regrets @ M Bar 8PM $10/$10 min.
This is Not Happening @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $5/2 item min.
6 Degrees @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
The Writers’ Room w/Jimmy Pardo @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
The Comedy Palace @ The Palace Restaurant 9:30PM FREE
Hottt Newww Videooo!!! @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/$4 minimum/first come, first served
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/one item min./5 min.
COFEE BEAN 16101 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, Suite 180/Starts 7PM/mixed mic/no purchase necessary
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 9PM/Starts after booked show/15 spots available/5 min. spots only
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
10) If you’re reading this part of the Morning Debriefing, know that I yelled, “WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?!?” while typing this.