1) Dave Chappelle does his first interview in 5 years to address the incident he had at the charity benefit in Florida and the Wild 94.9FM DJs ask him about Alicia Keys’ butt [via HuffPoComedy]. Good job morning radio.
3) Jesse Miller makes an action movie. Straight up.
7) The Serial Optimist does a much better job in naming the most fashionable comedians than GQ, but there’s still no nod to the impeccable style of Greg Proops.
9) With the news of Laughing Stock, a show with Steve Carell interviewing comedians, being developed at Showtime, there’s now a Facebook event to help The Green Room with Paul Provenza to get renewed. As funny as I’m sure Carell will be, please help the Green Room stay on the air.
10) Puddin’-“Haircut” (w/fancy new title sequence)
11) ON THE HORIZON
The 11th Hour Show w/the Midnight Show @ Artworks Theatre Thurs. Aug. 18th 11PM FREE
Neighbors @ The Warehouse Wed. Aug. 24th 8PM FREE
12) COMEDY CRAWL
The 4 & 20 @ All Star Lanes 8PM FREE
Bil Dwyer @ Comedy Central Stages 8PM FREE RSVP at (323) 960-5519
Science Bear Presents: Sketch The Movie @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $8
What’s Up Tiger Lily? @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill 8:30PM FREE
Reggie Watts @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 9PM $20 (sold out, tickets may be available at door)
Keep It Clean @ 1739 Public House 10PM FREE
Crash Test @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5
13) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
CLUB 705 705 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA/Starts 7PM-ish/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
RED ROCK 8782 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
JAKE’S 38 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA/Starts 8PM/Sign-up is lottery/no purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
14) Sometimes, you just need to hear a drug peddler openly advertise what he’s selling claiming, “you need more bounce to the ounce.” Yes, this happened in Downtown LA.