2) The Comedy & Magic Club has been around for 33 years. Got to respect that, especially when they’re hardly mentioned in the same sentence with the Hollywood Improv, The Comedy Store, Hollywood Laugh Factory, and the Ice House.
3) Though Nate Bargatze didn’t get to perform last night on Conan (he will get to very soon and we’ll remind you), you can catch Jarrod Harris, another amazing member of the former Southern Comedy Quartet Tour comprised of Rory Scovel, Sean Patton, Nate, and Jarrod on Lopez Tonight next week on Thurs. July 28th TBS MIDNIGHT.
5) The LAist on the coolest show that you can’t go to (because it’s invite only) at Hot House, a concept that would only work in LA or NY. We’d also like to add that one Marie Colette does a damn fine job putting the show together every month.
6) If you wondered what happened exactly at Holy Fuck this past Tuesday, here’s their words. If you don’t know what Holy Fuck is, go to the Downtown Independent Theater at 251 S. Main St., Los Angeles, CA on a Tuesday that’s preferably very soon at 9PM.
7) Lost faith in romantic comedies? Here’s a list we made on Laughspin that might help with that.
8) Puddin’-“Goat” w/guest Laura Silverman (Possibly one of our favorite Puddin’ episodes thus far)
9) ON THE HORIZON
The 4 Year Anniversary of Cartoon Dump @ Steve Allen Theater Mon. July 25th $10
Canada’s Science Bear Presents: Sketch the Movie @ Nerdist Theater Mon. Aug. 15th 8PM $10
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Bill Burr @ Irvine Improv 8PM/10PM $25/2 item min.
Trevor Moore’s Whatever Show @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10
Re-Animator: The Musical @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $30
The 12 Shiny Nickels Show @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Comedy Car Hole @ Comedy Car Hole 9PM FREE
Stood Up Friday Night: Happily Ever After @ Moving Arts Theater 10PM $5
The Also-Ran Comedy Hour @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
iCANDY 1708 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/$3 min./mixed mic/booked show in middle around 8PM
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts MIDNIGHT
12) As the Sklar Brothers said last night, we need to make “Proopsian” a word.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau