1) WHAT WENT VIRAL: A girl crying about cats while making a dating profile video. WHAT NEEDS TO GO VIRAL: a remix of a girl crying about cats while making a dating profile video by sketch group Women Comedy.
2) The Hollywood Fringe Festival is already under way with several comedy events that are on the “fringe”, but if you want to submit for next year, you can now, according to their guide for this year, go here and post about it.
3) Comedy Store paid regular Jerrod Carmichael has been on Twitter for awhile, but he’s only now starting to share his brilliant humor with the microblogging world, @NotoriousRod as he live tweets his niece’s dance recital.
4) Hilarious Atom.com webseries Kid Farm w/Pete Holmes finally has another episode!!! (that would be your cue to click the link or press the play button below)
7) Below is a clip of Louis CK doing a 3 minute set in 1987. He’s doing dolphin jokes. There’s hints of what he does now, but only hints. It’s now 2011 and some of his best material is about his two daughters. To anyone thinking wondering about development as an artist as a comedian, well, here’s a perfect example of how drastic it can be.
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Jeff Garlin-No Sugar Added @ UCB Theatre 6PM $5
LA Indie Improv Tournament @ Impro Theatre 7PM FREE
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
8 Ball Stand Presents the Niche Players @ Westwood Brewco 7:30PM FREE
Re-Animator @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $30
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Power Violence @ The Complex 9PM FREE
Top Story Weekly w/Jim Bruce @ iO West 9PM $5
The Charlyne Yi Show @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
Respect the Danger of Knives Presents @ Chatterbox 9PM FREE
10) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/lottery
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
NERDIST THEATRE 7522 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (back room of Meltdown Comics)/Sign-up 7:15PM/Starts 7:30PM/lottery/30 spots available/no purchase necessary
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/mixed mic
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee available
11) Last night I did 20 minutes that I would best describe as mostly nonsense riffing with a strong start and finish that I would most likely want to delete off of my phone’s voice recorder. Yet, a real person (not a comic) came up to me and thanked me for making him laugh. Despite what I thought, I didn’t correct him because, really, he’s right.
12) Special thanks to Jordan Brady for the shout out on Twitter this morning. Please follow him at @IAmComicMovie (oh yeah, did I mentioned he directed I Am Comic?)
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau