1) Louie Season 2 on DVD and Blu-Ray to be released in mid June. Forget marking your calendars. Get a tattoo of that shit.
2) Kristen Wiig gets to “Here’s the Thing” with Alec Baldwin…
3) Tonight on late night:
Tim Minchin on Conan (TBS 11PM)
Ricky Gervais on The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS 11:35PM)
Jane Lynch on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC 11:35PM)
4) The Laugh Your Ashville Off Comedy Festival out of Asheville, North Carolina is both having Jim Gaffigan perform and now accepting submissions. If you haven’t already clicked the link for more info, then do it now.
5) Hello Giggles got an extended preview of Lena Dunham’s Girls on HBO…
6) Give a hand to David Seger who did a vocal audition for M83 and taped a camera to a whiskey bottle for his latest short, Charlie’s 34th Birthday.
8) An open mic at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival called RAW Comedy apparently is prohibiting material “…that is racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise seriously offends the sensibilities of the audience.” Comedy is never without a sense of irony even if it’s at its own expense.
9) If you’re looking to defend picking up an issue of Playboy, reference the Jimmy Pardo interview in last month’s issue with photo by Mandee Johnson.
10) Chris Fleming, in a brand new web series, isn’t a man or a woman; just Gayle.
11) What’s in a name? Everything; especially if you’re name is “rape joker”.