1) Drunk History might become a show on Comedy Central. Cue celebratory expletives galore!
2) James Adomian is about to record his first comedy album up in Portland next week, Wed. Apr. 11th 7PM & 9:30PM at Helium Comedy Club leading into Bridgetown. Translation: Do not miss a historic night in comedy.
3) Janie Haddad Tompkins should introduce every show ever (not Laura Linney), like she did with Masterpiece Theatre.
4) Tonight on late night:
Aziz Ansari on Conan (TBS 11PM)
Anthony Bourdain on The Daily Show (Comedy Central 11PM)
Judd Apatow on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (NBC 12:35AM)
And recently on late night: Jeffrey Tambor on Ferguson.
5) In comedy books news:
After this review, we may be coming around on David Rees’ How to Sharpen a Pencil
The Spit Take decodes Rick Shapiro’s Unfiltered
A clip of Moshe Kasher reading Kasher in the Rye
6) Jesse Case should educate everyone on how to send e-mails, both kids and adults, as well as how to handle your emotions.
7) Comedy abroad-ish:
Ryan Singer will be recording Comedy Wonder Town tonight in Cincinnati at Go Bananas
Tickets for Greg Proops in Mesa, AZ have gone on sale
Set List will be playing at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival
8) The Moontower Comedy Festival gave a lovely spotlight on Maria Bamford…
9) Check out our picks for this week’s 5 Most Intentionally Funny Videos. Also, we’re now taking submissions for it.
10) On today’s Puddin’, Dana Gould shows Eddie Pepitone a thing or two about the many uses of dirty rags.
11) Most poignant thing I’ve heard all week from a passerby on their phone, “Oh yeah, I forgot there was a comedy show tonight, ummmm…”