1) President of the United States Barack Obama slow-jammed the news on Fallon last night. Also, he gave props to Key & Peele on their Luther sketch.
2) The amazing Reggie Watts is having a special he did in Central Park air on Comedy Central on May 11th, going on tour, and releasing a couple of new records. Just another typical month for Watts, right?
3) Tonight on late night:
Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Brian Posehn on Conan (TBS 11PM)
Jason Segel on The Daily Show (Comedy Central 11PM)
Late night on late night:
Amy Poehler talked up her awesome kids on Letterman
Jack Black talked up his awesome kids on Leno
5) What’s happening on the set of Comedy Central’s upcoming Mash-Up?
7) The Humor Code panel at Bridgetown was one of the most fun panel discussions ever. Listen to it at Wired.
9) Interesting angles on comedy:
The NY Times likes both Jon Dore and Levi Macdougall even though they call Jon a ‘club comic’, and Levi, an ‘alternative comic’
Anthony Jeselnik told his most racy jokes and what he thinks of Jon Lovitz to Huffington Post Comedy.
The AV Club suggests we should stop saying “white people problems” as a pejorative.
10) Comedy abroad-ish:
THE MOONTOWER COMEDY & ODDITY FESTIVAL in Austin, TX tonight through this weekend
Jay Larson at the Mall of America this weekend
Nato Green album taping in Oakland
The Jukebox Comedy Club in Peoria, Il has both Tom Segura and Kyle Kinane coming up
11) Sometimes, in comedy, you’ll have to decide whether you want to pay for parking and do another set or eat dinner/your only meal of the day.