1) The world premiere of Armando Ianucci’s Veep starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus is tonight (HBO 10PM) and let’s just keep our fingers crossed that the Internet will behave itself for this next HBO comedy premiere.
2) Pete Holmes has one of the best items of comedian merch based off a bit ever…
3) Even though The Life and Times of Tim is cancelled, you can still catch the entire series on HBOGO. This is a great excuse to talk to your friends that can afford HBO.
4) A brief tour of Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom by its narrator Bob Balaban…
5) We thought we all got past this alt/mainstream/club comedy divisive non-sense already. Apparently, we haven’t.
6) Book trailers have been putting movies to shame lately. Look to the one for Kevin Moffet’s Further Interpretations of Real-Life Events for proof.
8) The East Bay Express wrote up their hometown boy Moshe Kasher and his Kasher in the Rye.
9) On a graceful note (right before our super snarky esoteric “on comedy” remark), Paul F. Tompkins’ encore at the end of his latest special Laboring Under Delusions of Danny Boy with Eban Schletter along with a funny note on the history of pianos and more.
10) If you’re looking for a place to write, do not pick a scenic, lovely neighborhood full of beautiful people walking around. You will not get anything done. That’s right, I’m talking to you Franklin Village.