1) Jim Gaffigan’s Mr. Universe is out today at JimGaffigan.com, complete with a hilarious promo, being the guest on the latest episode of the Nerdist Podcast, and a scheduled appearance on Letterman tonight.
2) The San Francisco Comedy & Burrito Festival is now taking submissions. As to whether having burrito material will help you or not, we’re not sure.
4) Tonight on late night:
Larry David and Lena Dunham on Conan (TBS 11PM)
Ricky Gervais on The Daily Show (Comedy Central 11PM)
Jim Gaffigan on The Late Late Show with David Letterman (CBS 11:35PM)
Albert Brooks on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC 11:35PM)
Bobcat Goldthwait on Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC 12AM)
Joel McHale on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (NBC 12:35AM)
5) Black Book’s Tyler Coates interviewed gay comedians (James Adomian, Gabe Liebman, Eliot Glazer, Brent Sullivan, and Dave Holmes) defying stereotypes because that’s just who they are.
8) Yahoo’s SketchY gets in on TMZ’s new animal coverage with James Adomian and Eddie Pepitone (meaning actual animals and not power hungry celebs).
9) Comedy abroad-ish:
James Adomian album taping at Helium Comedy Club in Portland TONIGHT! 7PM & 9:30PM
Dwight Slade, Jackie Kashian, and are currently doing 20 min. of never performed material at Acme Comedy Co in Minneapolis
Hari Kondabolu’s New Material Night in Seattle next week
Jarrod Harris in Mississippi in May
11) A good rule of thumb in comedy: Only say, “…then get hit by a bus.” twice or else it won’t be funny until you say it four more times.