1) The Tip of the Hat this week goes to Ryan Stout (@stoutryan) and a proper article will follow later today because I had no time yesterday trying to get up and watch a show because I’m STILL the only one really writing all of this.
2) Nick Petrillo did 95 sets in the month of January. I did an interview with him last week and it will be posted soon, so you should watch out for it to see how this madness played out.
3) Let’s take a moment to recognize that Reggie Watts will be in LA in the week coming. So far he’s doing Garfunkel & Oates @ Largo on Thurs. and Heart of Darkness @ Meltdown Comics on Fri. The Comedy Bureau will keep you posted on any other shows he’s doing in his short stint here as you should not miss any of them, if not all of them.
4) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-Really, just do it.
Two Milk Minimum @ Flappers Burbank 11:30AM $10/2 item min.
Two-Headed Beast @ Stories Cafe 8PM FREE
Baron Vaughn @ Flappers Claremont 8PM/10PM $15/2 drink min.
The Roast of Oprah @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10
Christina Pazitsky @ Flappers YooHoo Room 11PM $10/2 drink min.
Twelve Shiny Nickels @ Fake Gallery 11PM $5
Midnight Show @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5 (stand by only)
Tomorrow Show Presents Happy Birthday @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
5) OPEN MIC RUN 2/5/11
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATRE 1323-A 3rd. St. Promenade (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed
6) Recently: I’d like to do a poll for how many people watch the Super Bowl for the commercial rather than the game around the world and similarly how many people even understand/care what’s going on. My money’s on people talking about what the mystery Budweiser plot was rather than the end of the game for the weeks to come.
7) Many comics have a personal list of what it takes to be a comic. I think I just added to my list: Hanging out at a shady Winchell’s tweeting until you’re requested by your friends to tell a story about a prostitute.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau