1) Can you feel it? Comedy Bang Bang is coming to IFC soon. (Sorry for the subtlety, it’s a link for the TV spot for Comedy Bang Bang)
2) Congrats to the Channel 101 Top 5 Finishers from last night’s screening: Intimate Indiscretions, Oh Shit, Coach, The Parent Project, Gumbel. If you weren’t in attendance, all the shows are already up at Channel 101.com. Oh yeah, they have a fancy new site too!
3) No one really live tweeted the Spirit Awards, so we won’t get into that, but another set of congratulations go to Will Reiser for nabbing the Best First Screenplay Award for 50/50 and Christopher Plummer continuing to clean-up the Best Supporting Actor Award for his performance in Beginners.
4) Yes, the Oscars are only in a few hours (ABC 4PM PT/7PM ET).
Things to watch for:
Billy Crystal hosting
Chris Rock, Will Ferrell, and Zach Galifianakis presenting
Sacha Baron Cohen as the Dictator on the red carpet
#Oscars on Twitter for several other comedians you’re following
Depending on results, will Bridesmaids spark comedy bias for Oscars
Christopher Plummer possibly confirming that he was the Best Supporting Actor in 2011, end of discussion
Woody Allen possibly nabbing yet another statuette for writing Midnight in Paris
5) Of course, what would this time of year be without the Razzies, of which, Adam Sandler set a record for nominations.
6) OK, basically, the only thing you need to be doing if you’re wondering about the discussion of women in comedy is listen to Jen Kirkman.
7) Just in case none of you have doubts about people watching comedy in a garage, may we present to you the consistent turn-out at the Comedy Car Hole.
8) The Bel Air Film Festival is now accepting submissions…
9) If there were ever an occupational hazard section to any guide to doing comedy professionally, it should include: Will develop propensity to want to stab boring/dumb people talking to you in the throat.